Without even knowing it what you are doing could be poisoning your pet. Pet parents are giving their pet’s way to much medication and putting way to many chemicals on and in their pet’s body.This is an enormous problem in the pet industry. The sad thing is we are seeing more pet care specialist prescribing more drugs to pets and this is because the pharmaceutical companies are more aggressively marketing to veterinarians especially since the Big Pharma took over Veterinary Medicine in 2007.The vets (not all but most) are pushing flea, tick and heartworm medications, and then wonder why cancer is on the rise in our pets. People think they are doing everything right for their pet like feeding them holistic pet food, but then they are giving them heartworm medication putting flea and tick prevention down their pet’s backs.We over-vaccinate, most people will let their vet talk them into all kinds of vaccines which are only causing more harm to their precious pet than good. Your pet does not need every booster shot there is, for every shot you give your dog or cat you are only harming their immune system.
The use of tick and flea control products has produced an increase number of reports of injuries and even deaths in the past few years. The Environmental Protection Agency finally stepped in and said that they will be taking stricter measures in the marketing of these products.Before buying over-the-counter flea and tick products for your pet you should read up on all the side effects. There have been numerous flea and tick products recalled because of the damage they have done.Pet owners have reported:• skin irritations,
• neurological problems,
• and deathWHY, would any pet owner want to use products that could cause any of these side effects to their pet?Tips to Protect Your Pet Naturally from fleas and ticks:• Don’t wait for an infestation – check your pet daily for these pests
• Groom your pet regularly with baths, keep a short hair-cut and use a flea-comb
• Avoid exposure to infested areas during high-risk seasons
• keep lawn mowed short, eliminate piles of sand or gravel, and pick up debris
• Strengthen your pet’s immune system by using a combination of all-natural pet food and supplements/vitaminsHeartworm medications possible side effects include:• depression,
• loss of appetite,
• dilated pupils,
• excessive droolingAgain why would you want your pet to go through and of those side effects when there is natural and healthier ways to keep mosquitoes off your pet? Natural and Herbal prevention treatments can be just as effective if not better because you and not putting toxic chemicals into your pets body.What about over-vaccinating your pet?Do you know how the “one-year rabies” and a “three-year rabies” vaccine came about? It was because of the length of time the experimental animals were studied.At the end of one year after their vaccination, the animals were then given another shot with live rabies virus, the survivors counted, and the vaccine was marketed. The same vaccine was studied for three years, the data gathered, and that vaccine was marketed as “Three-year rabies vaccine.” (Remember this is “the same vaccine” so don’t let your vet tell you there is a difference because there is not.) The Rabies vaccine is thought to be so effective in immunizing that it’s likely that it has life-long protection.
So then why do we vaccinate annually? Unfortunately, the answer to that is – there is money to be made and the really sad part is our animals will suffer. Also because we have laws in each state that fails to recognize the immunological facts. In most states, all dogs and cats are required to be vaccinated every three years against rabies.You should also know that none of the other vaccines are required by law to be repeated annually. You should also question your vet about why he wants to give your pet these shots. Immunization should be for proven medical issues and not an economical procedure.